Saturday, December 19, 2009

Crunch time!

So we have five days.....  Yeah.....  Luckily we aren't in as rough shape as I thought we would be.  We have routed most of everything and we just need to put it all together.  Here are a few pictures that were from routing the parts.  Here is the CNC router cutting through the high density poly-ethylene.  This layer is going to be the middle layer for our rows.  The squares are routed out for the solar cells
















Here are a few more pics of the rows being routed.  Our final project has three layers for each row.  The two outside layers are formica and the inner layer is the high density polyethylene.


















I think everyone is on schedule for the project.  I would say with the building of our prototype our group has become more segregated.  Before we did stuff together and so everyone knew what was going on.  Now that we are separated it's a lot more difficult to know what's going on and whether or not everything is working.  I believe I was more involved in the actual planning, designing, and testing of our final project, but not in the final making of it.  I've done a lot of soldering and grunt work, but in putting it together I'm pretty useless and I feel bad about that.  I've asked Matt as few times what he needs help with and I usually am told to just worry about the paper, sigh.  I know this is what my role is in this week, is to do that and then do random grunt work things, but I hate feeling out of the loop.  Before I was dictating and knowing what needed to be done, now I'm sort of just a floater.  I don't have a problem with this except when people start being sort of condescending or talk to me like I'm a five year old.  So hopefully I don't get that this week.  Otherwise I don't care what I'm doing as long as we get everything done.  No time for extra information this week...only working on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment