Monday, October 26, 2009

New Psychoanalysis...

This class is experimental on many different levels.  I feel like the psychological aspect of the class is enormous.  Handling all the various situations has been a mental trial.  A few of us talked to Max (Professor Shtein) today and we had an interesting discussion regarding this class and it spurred some thoughts.  One thing I did want to say first was that I think part of our "paralysis" with this final project has been overanalysis, but also our desire to be perfect.  I know, personally, I'm hindered by my fear of failure.  I think this is what happened with our first presentation.  We moved sideways not forwards because we wanted the perfect idea.  It is a VERY new way of thinking to just start making something and then edit as we go.  At least here, our process has always been think think think think.  Also, our process always has been about the bigger picture.  It's hard to think not in the big picture, but tackle smaller things.  How do you measure success?  How do you know what you're doing is enough?  We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment